So, you’ve decided to give a puppy a new home and are thinking about getting a puppy from a Freeads.co.uk member. But, how can you ensure that you don’t buy from an irresponsible breeder or puppy farmer and end up having to deal with the emotional and financial turmoil that they can cause?
To help you avoid puppy farmers the RSPCA recommend calling the breeder before visiting with a prepared list of questions to help you assess the quality of a breeder. We’ve drawn up a selection of questions that you should try to ask as soon as possible:
- Can you see the puppy’s parents? It may not be possible to meet the father but you should at least see the puppy’s mother.
- Will the breeder take the puppy back if you are no longer able to take care of it.
- How many dogs does the breeder own and how often are they bred?
- Is the breeder KC registered? If they are ask to see their certificate when you visit.
- Have the puppies been socialized with other dogs and animals? (more…)